1.12.2015

6 Ways to be your spouse's best friend




6 ways to be your spouse's best friend 


1. HAVE FUN TOGETHER. Don’t just do the work together or raise kids together ... do the fun together too!


2. GET EXCITED ABOUT THE THINGS THEY GET EXCITED ABOUT. If it isn’t necessarily your ‘cup of tea’, so what! Try a sip! You may just like it. If you husband loves baseball ... take an interest in it. If you wife likes gardening ... take an interest in it.


3. KNOW THEIR WEAKNESSES ... AND LOVE THEM ANYWAY. Isn’t that what best friends are for? “A friend loves at all times…” (Proverbs 17:17).

4. PRAISE THEM. Make them feel good about themselves. Would you want to spend time with someone who only makes you feel worthless and insecure? Certainly not. So, affirm your spouse's best qualities. Celebrate their wins.

5. EXTEND GRACE AND FORGIVENESS. Even the best of friends have a bad day, say a hurtful things or disappoint us in some way. Offer the grace in those moments that you’d want in return. If you want a friendship that lasts, a marriage that endures, you must forgive both big and small.

6. PUT THEM FIRST. Don’t let your spouse just be one of your friends. Don’t just let your spouse be a best friend. Make them your most important friend. Your relationship with your spouse should come before any other relationship in your life, short of your relationship with the Lord.


10 comments

  1. This is a good reminder that relationships need to be nourished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I especially like number 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great tips! My spouse is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips reminds me of the dating stages

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips! My husband and I love to play together... Whatever our kids are doing we like to play along and a lot of times it's our boys saying "Ok you're done now guys".

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice that you took the time out to write this, Terri. It's a great reminder that our spouses deserve our all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN! Husbands really do need to be respected by their wives. If we show them that respect, forgive and have fun, we'd all have the most faithful husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet ideas - more than the tips, thank you for the encouragement to focus on my spouse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle with point 2. Lately my hubby is very into all this bitcoin concept and I just get bored... I try my best to stay focus and follow but I struggle :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great tips! This would really encourage the relationship between husband and wife. Thanks for sharing this wonderful list of tips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the blogging Love

© Take A Walk In My Shoes. Design by FCD.